Tight and achey muscles but can't get in to have a massage or treatment?
Massage and hands-on work is a great way to relieve muscle tension, but sometimes it can be hard to find the time.
Thankfully there's an array of self-care tools including massage balls out there to help you. But you may not be so sure how to use them.
Benefits of massage balls
- Quick and easy massage tool
- Treat yourself between massages or treatment
- Improve blood flow
- Improve muscle recovery
- You can control the pressure
Smooth or Spikey?
Laura Randall our Osteopath will take you through the benefits of each type of massage ball.
Benefits of the smooth ball:
These myofascial balls are great to get into more sensitive areas, or if you're just starting out with massage balls.
Benefits of the Spikey Ball:
The spikey ball is a bit harder with little nobbles to get into all the nooks and crannies. If you need some deeper work a spikey ball can be great to get deeper into your muscles.
Quick and easy tips to relieve tension
- Roll your feet for 5 minutes to relieve tired and achey feet
- Lay on your back with the ball under a trigger point, lay there for a couple of minutes until the trigger point releases
- Place the ball under your neck as you lay over it
- Roll the ball over your muscles to improve blood flow
When Not to Use Massage Balls
There are times when it's not appropriate to use massage balls. If you're unsure seek professional advice.
- Fresh injury
- Broken skin
- Too painful or uncomfortable
- Makes your symptoms worse
BOOK ONLINE to see an Osteopath or Holistic Chiropractor today.